Sometimes online communication strips away the human touch in interactions, especially when we’re online to promote our cause.
- Remember to ask about other people–first.
- Understand the culture.
- Promote others 12 times as much as you promote yourself or your company.
- Use your picture (and a good one) as your avatar on your profiles all these social sites (never your logo).
- If you mess up, remember the three A’s: acknowledge, apologize, act.
- Share a bit of your personal life in your professional.
- Remember that this new online world is about relationships, not campaigns.
I’m not convinced about never using your logo, I think it depends on the context. I have both a personal twitter account and ICPJ, where I work, has a twitter account. My personal twitter has my personal photo, ICPJ uses its logo.
That issue aside, Chris and Julien put together a good list, though it’s sad we need instructions on “how to be human” to begin with.