Good ideas are important to our work as organizers, and if we’re lucky we have lots of volunteers and activists sharing their good ideas with us. Listen to them, but be careful, good ideas will kill you…
- If you try to do them all,
- If they pull you off your mission,
- If you’re too frantic to use them well,
- If you’re too insistent on executing them perfectly,
- If you don’t know how to say “no,”
- If they distract you from the work at hand,
- If you don’t know how to listen to them,
- If you’re afraid to refine them,
- If you’re afraid to try them,
- If you’re afraid not to try them.
May you have more good ideas than you can implement, the wisdom to know which ones to run with, and the courage to say “no” to the good ideas that you can’t properly implement.